The role of a social compliance monitor is to critically assess the environmental, health, safety, and labor conditions for workers in agricultural and manufacturing settings across all industries, including among others apparel, raw materials, soft goods, hard goods, etc. Monitors will be expected to critically analyze facility practices against local standards, client codes of conduct, and best practices. The monitor is expected to assess practices by:
- Conducting an opening meeting with management outlining scope and client expectations
- Interviewing management to understand facility practices
- Conducting a facility walkthrough to observe facility practices
- Reviewing documentation that demonstrates practices
- Interviewing workers in a sensitive but impartial way to verify and explore practices
- Triangulating data across data sources to come to an informed conclusion on practices
- Presenting results to facility management in a sensitive and transparent way,
- Writing comprehensive reports in English for each assessment, in a timely and accurate manner
- Providing client, facility, vendor, and fellow staff necessary clarification in a professional, timely, and accurate manner
- Finally, monitor is expected to meet Key Performance Targets related to report turn around time, report quality, and budget.
Salary based on candidate experience and background. Other benefits based on location.