Social & Environmental Assessments
Each year members of our highly trained field staff conduct thousands of comprehensive labor compliance assessments throughout Asia, the Americas, the Indian Sub-continent, and Africa with professionalism and cultural awareness. As a result, we have a clear understanding of regional and country-specific trends and challenges that help evolve and guide our assessment methodology.
Assessments are typically executed against company and/or industry codes of conduct (COC) and local labor laws using our experienced local staff. The structure of each assessment is adjusted to meet client objectives, unique country challenges, and any worksite history that may be available. Assessments generally include an opening and closing meeting with management, visual/physical inspection, document/records review, and most importantly, confidential worker interviews.
ELEVATE has been accredited by the Fair Labor Association (FLA), The Electronics Industry Citizenship Coalition (EICC) and Business Social Compliance Initiative (BSCI) as well as a number of tightly screened client programs. ELEVATE has experience in the following industries: Apparel & Footwear, General Consumer Products, Agriculture, Toys, Electronics, Food, and Cottage Industries.
- Labor Compliance
- Labor Management Systems
- Off-site (interviews and surveillance)
- Security (C-TPAT)
- Environment Health & Safety (EHS)
- Slavery and Human Trafficking
- Supplier Management Systems
Because controlling bribery and maintaining integrity are so important to ELEVATE's reputation, we have included specific requirements for each of the below components of our working process as part of our Integrity Program.
- Bribery Alert Notification
- New Staff Screening
- Factory Communication
- Result Tracking
- Integrity Verification Checks
- Investigation of Claims
In addition to the above, ELEVATE has made available an independent and confidential complaint communication channel. This reporting channel, created in partnership with EthicsPoint, aims at encouraging our own employees, factory management, workers, clients as well as any other external parties who desire in good faith to report known or suspected violations of our Code of Ethics in a safe, confidential and (if so elected) anonymous manner. Grievances can be submitted online or by phone and will be forwarded to senior management at ELEVATE for further investigation.
To access this service, please visit the below website:
Above highlighted shows the countries where ELEVATE has capacity to execute.
- An accredited Independent External Monitor (IEM) for the Fair Labor Association (FLA)
- An accredited monitor for the Electronic Industry Citizenship Coalition (EICC)
- Validated Auditing Process (VAP)
- An approved assessment service provider for the Business for Social Responsibility (BSR) Mills & Sundry initiative
- An approved member of the Sedex - Associate Auditor Group (AAG) member. Approved to conduct SMETA audits
- Program Approved: Levi Strauss licensee assessments, The Walt Disney Company, Hasbro, BBC, Phillips-Van Heusen (PVH), Wal-Mart, Tesco, Marks & Spencers (M&S), Lego, Adidas, University of Southern California (USC)
- An accredited audit firm for Business Social Compliance Initiative (BSCI)
- Employ IRCA accredited Social Systems auditor
ELEVATE believes the best way to ensure consistent quality of our services is active management oversight that includes hiring quality staff members, training, continuous education and detailed review of each report.
Specifically in the area of report writing, ELEVATE administers the following:
- Auditor training and reference materials specifically covering report writing;
- Document control process to ensure the most recent document revisions are being used consistently;
- Client specific instructions and example reports;
- 100% local quality control/report review process;
- 100% percent non-local quality control/report view process for new programs until a consistent level of reporting is established;
- Periodic review of the final reports with the client to ensure Level Works understands the client's requirements and we are executing to the client's expectations.