Empowering foreign migrant workers – The opportunity for Thai manufacturing
Empowering foreign migrant workers – The opportunity for Thai manufacturing is a breakfast session discussing the importance of diversity and inclusion of foreign migrant workers, women and other vulnerable workers in global supply chains.
The session will allow manufacturers and food processing sites to share experiences, challenges and best practices.
ELEVATE will also showcase the learnings and best practices from the Mekong Sustainable Manufacturing Alliance (The Alliance). The event will bring together brands and factory representatives to cross-feed knowledge around the opportunities and solutions to create a good employment journey.
The Alliance is funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), and addresses the critical and increasingly urgent need to transform ESG practices in the Mekong manufacturing and food processing sector to avert deleterious environmental and social impacts that will result from rapid industrial growth. The Alliance, implemented by the Institute for Sustainable Communities (ISC) in partnership with ELEVATE, and the Asian Institute for Technology (AIT), tackles these challenges head on using a market-driven approach to advance ESG improvements.
Session topics will cover:
- Vulnerable workers in the Mekong Region – The current state
- The benefit of diversity and inclusion for companies
- How worker insights can drive change
- Factory sharing on ESG initiatives, success stories and challenges
- Dialogue between leading brands, NGO and public sector representatives on ESG insights
The event aims to discuss the importance of diversity and inclusion of vulnerable workers in Thailand’s manufacturing and food processing supply chain, including trends, challenges, and opportunities. The sessions will also share brands’ commitments and support, factories’ best practices and public sector initiatives. The best practices sharing will provide insights from the activities currently implemented by The Alliance in Thailand.
Scroll down for the speakers. More speakers to be announced soon
- 9:30 – 10:00: Registration and networking
- 10:00 – 10:05: Opening remarks
- 10:05 – 10:15: The potential of diversity and inclusion of vulnerable workers into your company
- 10:15 – 10:30: ELEVATE insights in the region: What workers’ voices tell us
- 10:30 – 10:45: Factory Sharing: Initiatives, Success Stories and Challenges
- 10:45 – 11:10: Roundtable discussion on ways forward (Moderated by Sarah Obser, ELEVATE)
- 11:10 – 11:15: Q&A, recap and closing remarks
- 11:15 – 11:30: Networking
- 11:30 : Event end
Hybrid event: Online and at Anantara Siam Bangkok Hotel (limited seats available)
About the Organizers
The Mekong Sustainable Manufacturing Alliance (The Alliance)
The Mekong Sustainable Manufacturing Alliance (The Alliance) implemented by Institute for Sustainable Community (ISC) in partnership with ELEVATE and AIT, uses a market-driven approach to strengthen sustainable and competitive manufacturing by engaging the private sector, catalyzing market forces, and advancing innovative regional initiatives that will increase the adoption of Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) standards. The Alliance also supports USAID’s Corporate Clean Energy Alliance (CCEA), a partnership with business leaders facilitating the rapid deployment of state-of-the-art clean energy technologies and developing viable business models and policy frameworks that drive the transition to low-carbon economic growth across Southeast Asia.
The Mekong Sustainable Manufacturing Alliance (The Alliance) is supported by the USAID Regional Development Mission for Asia.