Mekong Sustainable Manufacturing Alliance – Introduction Webinar for Suppliers and Manufacturing Sites
The Alliance, implemented by the Institute for Sustainable Communities (ISC) in partnership with ELEVATE and the Asian Institute for Technology (AIT), uses a market-driven approach to strengthen sustainable and competitive manufacturing by engaging the private sector, catalyzing market forces, and advancing innovative regional initiatives that will increase the adoption of Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) standards.
To drive manufacturers’ adoption of ESG standards in Cambodia, Thailand, and Vietnam, the program will engage hands-on with factories, leveraging brands’ purchasing power to incentivize ESG improvements, building manufacturers’ capacity to undertake such improvements, and increasing their access to finance. Focus industries of this program are the apparel, footwear, electronics and food processing sector.
This webinar will introduce the capacity building activities ELEVATE and ISC will offer to suppliers and manufacturing sites in the coming two years. It will introduce the social and environmental solutions, timeline for implementation and resources needed for participation in this program.
The webinar will cover a brief introduction of the Mekong Sustainable Manufacturing Alliance, including:
- Why is ESG relevant for the Mekong Region?
- What social and environmental capacity building activities will be offered?
- Why should you join Alliance?
- For the webinar in Chinese please click here (10th of March 2022, 11:00 AM China time | 10:00 AM Cambodia Time)
- For the webinar in Vietnamese please click here (10th of March 2022, 11:00 AM Vietnam time)
- For the webinar in Thai please click here (10th of March 2022, 2:00 PM Thailand time)
- For the webinar in Khmer please click here (10th of March 2022, 3:00 PM Cambodia time)