The ELEVATE Leadership Series 2018 – Sydney
ELEVATE’s signature event in Sydney, in partnership with STOP THE TRAFFIK Australia
Some 4,300 people in Australia are victims of some form of modern slavery, out of an estimated 40 million people worldwide. And an estimated 30 million people are living in slavery in the Asia Pacific region, where nearly half of Australia’s imported goods originate.
- Understanding slavery, forced labour, debt bondage and human trafficking – What are the implications for business?
- What are the signs of modern slavery at home and abroad? What are the risk indicators? How do you ‘slavery-proof’ your business? If you detect it – what next?
- How are you preparing your organisation to navigate the approaching Modern Slavery Act in Australia? Get ahead of the curve and be prepared, now. There will be legislation enacted which will likely require companies to report on their business model, supply chains, due diligence, risk plans, remediation strategies and training
Benefits of attending
- Hear directly from the leading experts in government and business – Chris Crewther MP, US Amb. Luis C.deBaca, Edward Santow, Carolyn Kitto, Dr David Cooke and others
- Get prepared now for the coming Modern Slavery Act in Australia
- Learn how to leverage worker voice, segmentation analysis, risk assessment and other data-driven solutions to develop your modern slavery programme
- Stay on top of the latest trends in sustainability and supply chain performance Meet experts face to face and network to form new relationships
Chris Crewther MP
Chair, Committee of Inquiry into Establishing a Modern Slavery Act in Australia
Dr. David Cooke
Chair and Managing Director, Konica Minolta Business Solutions Australia