We conduct rapid due diligence of target companies and support the ongoing assessment of portfolio companies. This includes support with both 100 day plans and ongoing improvement plans. Our proprietary scorecards enable portfolio views and targeted improvement opportunities.
Due diligence for project finance
Our financial due diligence work includes identifying and evaluating the existing and potential supply chain issues associated with a deal or transaction. As part of this process ELEVATE acts as social responsibility advisor for the purpose of evaluating the target company’s supply chain social program
There are usually four key areas in scope:
- Compliance in the geographic regions core to the investments supply chain
- State and positioning of the target investments responsible sourcing program
- A view on the relative strength of the target investments program
- Identification of potential financial risk and new business opportunities
Human rights due diligence
The UN Guiding Principles Reporting Framework states that human rights due diligence is: “An ongoing risk management process to identify, prevent, mitigate and account for how a company addresses its adverse human rights impacts.” The logic of this framework is increasingly present in new and emerging legal instruments including the California Transparency in Supply Chains Act 2012, the United Kingdom Modern Slavery Act 2015 and the French duty of vigilance obligation.
The process includes four key steps:
- Assessing actual and potential human rights impacts
- Integrating the findings and delivering risk mitigation plans
- Tracking the management of impact and remediation over time
- Communicating and reporting how impacts are being addressed
“Our consulting team supports multi-national and local brands to design and deliver due diligence programs that suite their company, risk appetite and resource constraints. The programs are typically deployed over a number of years with ongoing monitoring and disclosure initiatives in place to support consumer, regulator and investor confidence.” – Erin Lyon, Vice President, Sustainability Consulting