We provide supply chain security assessments for importers to adhere to countries’ customs standards.
Since 9/11, governments around the world have had to upgrade border and customs security significantly, including security standards and requirements for imported goods. This has specifically prioritized enhancements around secure trade and efforts to combat illegal trafficking and acts of terrorism.
Due diligence for upstream supply chains
To achieve assurance of these security measures, multinational importing enterprises have had to partner with government customs organizations to provide appropriate due diligence in each imported product’s upstream supply chain.
To this end, ELEVATE’s Responsible Sourcing focus has included securing supply chains for our many retailer and brand clients. Since 2012, our security assessment service has been, by volume, the second largest assessment service ELEVATE provides, having conducted over 6,000 security factory assessments in this time period.
We provide supply chain security assessment and related services for various importers looking to adhere to customs standards such as:
- US Customs and Border Patrol Customs-Trade Parternship Against Terrorism (C-TPAT)
- Canada’s Parters in Protection program
- European Union Authorized Economic Operator (AEO) program
Scope of security assessments
We offer a variety of assessment options, including an off-the-shelf standardized checklist and report, and “add-on” options to couple supply chain security compliance with labor and social compliance. Our off-the-shelf security assessment scope covers the following key areas:
- General facility information
- Physical security
- Access controls
- Procedural security
- Container security
- Information technology security
- Business partner requirements
- Education, training and awareness
- Threat awareness
Benefits of security assessment services
For customers using ELEVATE’s security assessment service, we provide the following benefits:
- Access to market-leading customer services and thought leadership
- Options to book and pay online
- Tracking and logistical oversight using ELEVATE’s Aruvio system
- Local coordination and scheduling in local language and time zone of the auditee site
- Benchmarking and data analytics for greater supply chain security performance insight
- Straightforward, comprehensive and easy to understand reports and remediation plans
- Optional corporate or in-factory advisory, and/or remediation support services