Worldwide Responsible Accredited Production (WRAP)
What is WRAP Certification Program?
WRAP is the world’s largest independent certification program focused on the apparel, footwear, and sewn products sectors.
WRAP’s goal is to ensure that production facilities operate in a safe, responsible, and ethical way. Through their 12 Principles, WRAP promote lawful, humane manufacturing in facilities throughout the world via their Certification programs. What sets them apart from other similar social compliance programs is focusing on the ground level of a supply chain. WRAP only certifies individual facilities, not brands or ownership groups, which means that each WRAP-certified facility has undergone a thorough inspection by a WRAP auditor and is subject to unannounced follow-up inspections.
WRAP Audit Methodology
WRAP only certify individual production units, allowing their auditors to get an “on the ground” perspective of each facility’s operations to ensure that they are maintaining compliant practices. All certifications require periodic renewal depending on the level, and all certified facilities are subject to unannounced follow-up visits during their certification periods.
Becoming a WRAP certified facility involves much more than simply passing an audit. It takes a collaborative approach to social compliance certification where WRAP work with the facilities to ensure that they remain in compliance with 12 Principles.
The WRAP 12 Principles are based on generally accepted international workplace standards, local laws and workplace regulations, and include the spirit or language of relevant conventions of the International Labor Organization (ILO), the United Nations Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights, and the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD)’s Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises.
- Compliance with Laws and Workplace Regulations
- Prohibition of Forced Labor
- Prohibition of Child Labor
- Prohibition of Harassment and Abuse
- Compensation and Benefits
- Hours of Work
- Prohibition of Discrimination
- Health and Safety
- Freedom of Association and Collective Bargaining
- Customs Compliance
ELEVATE WRAP Expertise
- We conduct approximately 18,000 social and environmental audits per year in over 100 countries.
- ELEVATE is an accredited Worldwide Responsible Accredited Production (WRAP) monitoring firm.
- ELEVATE auditors are WRAP approved and all attended the WRAP qualification trainings.
- Auditors are based locally, are bilingual, and have a clear understanding of region-specific trends and challenges.
- ELEVATE conducts follow-up audits via desktop and on-site.
- APSCA certification is a minimum requirement at ELEVATE – we go above and beyond. Our ELEVATE Assessment Manual, our focus on transparency and additional ELEVATE Academy training make ELEVATE auditors the most trusted in the profession.
- Our Performance Benchmark Report – benchmarking factory performance against peers and country data powered by ELEVATE EiQ analytics.
Why you can expect more from ELEVATE.
An audit/verification report from ELEVATE means something. Our brand represents a choice for quality and integrity.
Over the last 15+ years, ELEVATE has emerged as the most trusted service provider in responsible sourcing, ethical business, and sustainability solutions. ELEVATE is the only independent sustainability and supply chain services provider with a global reach, and is engaged at all levels of the value chain. This includes assessment and Corrective Action Plan (CAP) management, engagement with managers and workers in factories, world-class eLearning and training, and consultancy at the corporate level to assess risk, support improvement, and drive impact.
ELEVATE’s online EiQ ecosystem is a comprehensive suite of supply chain analytics designed to engage brands, suppliers, factories, and workers to achieve business-driven sustainability.
EiQ supply chain analytics enables audit data to unlock corrective measures that provide a lasting business impact. This includes:
- Identifying supply chain and business risks.
- Tracking site performance.
- Benchmarking audit results of your business or supply chain.
EiQ Supplier Solutions makes it easy for factories, farms, vendors and suppliers to manage social and environmental compliance and improve operational performance.
Partner with ELEVATE to reinforce your standing in ethical compliance.